Repetto Will Pitch for Crimson Against Highly-Rated Bruin Nine

To Seek Sixth Win

By James S. Eilberg

With five easy victories under its belt against northern rivals, the varsity baseball team will travel to Brown and West Point this weekend to meet more formidable opposition.

Dom Repetto is slated to start against the Bruins this afternoon in an attempt to duplicate his 4 to 2 win over them last year. Despite Brown's 4 and 2 record, Repetto and the varsity should be favorites, especially if the Crimson bats continue hitting with the same authority they have shown thus far.

The Brown game should prove to be the first crucial contest for the varsity to date. Although losing to Dartmouth, the Bruins have beaten both Princeton (5-2), and Navy (5-4), behind excellent pitching.

However, Brown does not appear to be a strong hitting club, while the Harvard offense is stronger than it has been in many years. This fact is evidenced by a healthy .306 team batting average and the comparatively small number of strikeouts registered by opposing pitchers.

Bruin coach Lefty Lefebvre will send right-handed, curve-baller Don Nelson to the mound today. Nelson held Princeton to two runs while beating them last Friday, although he needed help from Gary Vander Veer, Brown's fine relief hurier, in the ninth.

Repetto who has compiled a 3.00 ERA this season has looked good so far this season, beating Tufts 9 to 3 and Cornell 13 to 3. If he does well today the Crimson should notch their second Ivy League triumph.

Today's JV game has been called because Tufts was unable to assemble a team.

AB  H  R  RBI  AVE.Bergantino  30  6  7  2  .200Cleary  26  11  10  8  .423Simourian  24  8  9  3  .333Hastings  26  13  9  15  .500Botsford  29  7  6  6  .241Getch  27  10  6  7  .370Stahura  25  7  4  5  .280Haughey  26  3  5  2  .115Repetto  6  3  3  0  .500Totals  219  68  59  48  .306