Drama Group To Give Plays In Cambridge

Summer Program To Begin July 1st

Cambridge will not be without drama this summer if present plans of a group of undergraduates and graduates materialize for a local repertory company.

According to a tentative program, the group will produce six plays, beginning on July 1, with the possibility of extending the most successful beyond the scheduled one week run.

Among the plays under consideration are "The White Devil," "The Glass Menagerie," "The Inspector General," "Idiots Delight," and various plays by Christopher Fry, Noel Coward, and Jean Paul Sartre.

The group will be headed by Mike Mabry '49 and Bryant Haliday '49, a producer of last summer's Cambridge Drama Festival, who is acting as unofficial clearing house for plans and information on the project.

Others from local drama groups who may participate in the season are Stephen A. Aaron '57, Roger A. Graef'57, Lee Jefferies '57, Arthur Loeb, John Ratte '57, Colgate Salsbury '57, and Harold R. Scott'57.

Plans are not yet final, spokesmen for the group emphasized last night, since no contracts have been signed and no theatre has been selected. The pressure of time, however, makes it necessary that major decisions be reached within a week.

If the program is definitely scheduled, persons in other Ivy League colleges will be approached to spend part of the summer in Cambridge.

Earlier this year, it was reported that the Cambridge Drama Festival would not continue its series of productions in Sanders Theatre.