The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

HDC to Produce Group of Modern Plays Next Year

The Harvard Dramatic Club last evening selected a group of four "modern" plays for its major productions next year.

The plays chosen were: "The School of Women," by Moliere; "Tis a Pity She's a Whore," by John Ford; "The Master Builder," by Henrik Ibsen; and "The Good Woman of Setzuan," by Bertold Brecht.

The Club this year voted on the basis of the "slate system." A committee of Club executives, past and present, selected four groups of four plays each and submitted them to the membership of the Club as a whole for consideration. Voting was for a particular group rather than for individual plays.

In adopting the "slate system" as a procedure for voting on its productions, the Club was motivated by a desire to "bring more continuity" to next year's schedule of plays.

The HDC hopes that this "continuity" of plays will be paralleled by a "similar continuity" of theatre location. The Club is currently negotiating with the University in an attempt to gain exclusive use of one of he smaller theatres around the University.

Such an arrangement would provide the Club with permanent storage space for props and other necessary apparatus, and would thereby enable it to equip its Workshop productions better.