PBK Will Gather For Speeches by Lyons and Wilbur

New Members to be Inducted At Annual Business Meeting

The winner of this year's Pulitzer Prize in Poetry and the curator of the Nieman Fellowships in the University will share the platform this morning at the annual Literary Exercises of the Harvard Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.

The exercises will follow the annual business meeting of the chapter, at which new members will be initiated.

Richard Wilbur, whose "Things of the World" won the 1957 Pulitzer Prize, will deliver the Phi Beta Kappa Poem.

Louis M. Lyons, who has served as Curator of Nieman Fellowship since 1939, will deliver the annual oration. His subject will be "News and Features."

The historic exercises will take place in Sanders Theatre at 11 a.m. and are free and open to the public and to Harvard alumni as part of their Reunion programs.

Wilbur, who is Assistant Professor of English at Wellesley, won the National Book Award as well as the Pulitzer Prize for his "Things of the World." He has also won the Blumenthal and Harriet Monroe Prizes for Poetry Magazine, and held a Guggenheim Fellowship in 1952-53.

He received his A.B. in 1942 from Amherst, his M.A. from Harvard in 1947. Harvard also awarded him an honorary M.A. in 1952. Wilbur was a Junior Fellow at Harvard from 1947-50 and assistant Professor of English from 1950 to 1952. He will join the Wesleyan College faculty in September.

Lyons, who is well-known as a news commentator on WGBH radio and television, was himself a Nieman Fellow in 1938-39. He was a member of the staff of the Boston Globe for 25 years and has been editor of the Nieman Reports since 1946.

He is a graduate of Massachusetts Agricultural College, now a part of the University of Massachusetts.