Tough Springfield Soccer Team To Host Crimson Eleven Today

The varsity soccer team will resume its travels in Western Massachusetts this afternoon when it meets one of its strongest opponets of the year--Springfield. The Gymnasts were national co-champions last year along with CCNY.

This year Springfield has six returning lettermen back from last year's undefeated eleven and is reputed to be nearly as strong as its championship team. It lost its first game in two years, however, succumbing to RPI in overtime last week, 2 to 1. Previous to this loss, Springfield had not had a goal scored on them this season as it shut out Hofstra, B.U., and Wesleyan.

The Gymnast's chief offensive threat is a Ceylonese inside left, Captain Sam Kasinathan. A Springfield source commented yesterday while "Kasinathan has only scored once this year, he has the best footwork and passing of any player we've seen this season."

Meanwhile, back in Cambridge, the Crimson is standing pat on its lineup after its victory over Williams. Varsity Coach Bruce Munro introduced a slight alteration in his offense earlier this week, using the center forward as a pivot man in front of opposition's goal.