NATIVE HUE OF RESOLUTION

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

In the September issue of the CRIMSON your drama critic published an admirable article on the summer theatre season. As a board member and enthusiastic supporter of the Group 20 Players I was, of course, particularly interested in his comments, many of them favorable and most of them penetrating, on that company.

Because I found this article so interesting, I thought it worth while pointing out one inaccuracy in it, which I am sure you too would wish to correct. Mr. Titcomb rightly comments upon the theatrical "coup" of obtaining the rights to Shaw's Pygmalion, but incorrectly assigns the credit for so doing to Mr. Jerome Kilty. Mr. Kilty, as local audiences well know, is an extremely talented and valuable member of our company, but it was Group 20's Managing-Director, Miss Alison Ridley, who was entirely responsible for obtaining the rights to the play, after six months of work on this point. As Managing-Directors so rarely receive the limelight which is the happier lot of their actors, I have taken it upon myself to see that recognition for this theatrical coup be assigned where it rightly belongs. Wendell Weston,   Group 20 Players of Mass.