World Series

By The ASSOCIATED Press

Milwaukee, Oct. 8--Gil McDougald's 10th inning home run ruined a magnificent pitching effort by stout-hearted Warren Spahn today, as a 4-3 Yankee victory sent the New York-Milwaukee series into a seventh game.

Through nine torturous innings the 37-year-old Milwaukee southpaw, working with only two days rest, dueled with three different Yankee pitchers only to lose in the 10th. Singles by Elston Howard and Yogi Berra finished him off, and the Yankees added the all-important extra run on Bill Skowron's single off relief pitcher Don McMahon.

Duren Falters in the 10th

Ryne Duren, Casey Stengel's flame-thrower who followed Whitey Ford and Art Ditmar to the mound, fired his blinding fast ball past the Braves from the sixth to the 10th when he suddenly lost his stuff. The big fellow with the thick glasses struck out the side in the sixth and ninth, fanning eight in 4 2/3 innings before he faltered with two out in the 10th.

Out came grizzled old Casey to talk with his pitcher. Casey decided to stay with Duren but when Brave Joe Adcock pumped a single to center, moving the potential tying run to third base, Stengel summoned Bob Turley from the Yankee bull pen. Turley had to face Frank Torre, a left-handed batter hitting for Del Crandall.

Burdette to Start Today

Torre connected with Bob's third pitch and the ball sailed toward short right field with second baseman McDougald in full pursuit. For a split second it seemed it would fall safely for a hit. McDougald had it all the way, as it turned out, gloving the ball for the game-ending out.

Pitcher Lew Burdette will get his chance to wrap up a second straight World Series for the Braves in today's seventh game. The Yanks will decide between Don Larsen and Johnny Kucks, depending on the status of Larsen's sore right arm