Crimson Soccer Team Wins, 7-1

Varsity coach Bruce Munro two-platooned his forces yesterday and spent a few anxious moments before the varsity came through with seven fourth period goals to destroy Boston University, 7 to 1.

For the first two and a half quarters of the game, Munro played his second team against the Terriers and while the Crimson usually pressed the attack, B.U. managed to score on a break at 10:45 of the second period. The Terriers Bill Robinson, who had had three previous breakaways earlier in the game, finally scored on this one as he beat varsity goalie Bill Forbush to the ball.

After about half of the third period had gone by and the Terriers still led, Munro sent in his cavalry and from then on, the Crimson had complete control. Inside right John Mudd broke the ice at 3:30 of the final period as he took a pass from outside Tom Blodgett, kicked it over his own head and into the goal. Mudd scored again at 10:20 on a penalty shot after one of the Terrier fullbacks had fouled the varsity's Roger Tuckerman on a breakaway attempt. Kay Khan continued the carnage with a goal at 13:30 after a pass from Tuckerman.

At this point, the Terriers simply fell apart and the varsity goals poured in. Tuckerman followed Khan with two quick goals and Blodgett and Barry Russman followed suit to give the varsity its highest score of the year.