‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

Harvard Epidemiologist Michael Mina Resigns, Appointed Chief Science Officer at eMed

Harvard Likely to Loosen Campus Covid Restrictions in the Spring, Garber Says

Russian Students To Arrive Soon

Four Russian students, visiting the University for a year's study, will arrive next week, Frederick T. Merrill, Director of East-West Contracts in Washington, said last night.

Commenting on the delay in the students' arrival, originally set for Oct. 10, Richard E. Pipes, Director of the Russian Research Center, observed that "there was obviously some trouble on their side in obtaining visas."

He added, however, that "since they are not coming here for instruction, the Russian students' attitude is not particularly calendar-bound." Pipes explained that they would be graduate students, doing private research either in the natural sciences or in English and American Literature.

"The Russians will live in a graduate dormitory," Pipes continued, "and we want to treat them just like any other foreign students." He added that they would definitely be given an opportunity to teach in the University.

An exchange plan, run by a Columbia University affiliate, the Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants, is responsible for the Russian visit.

Under the same system 24 American students are now studying in Moscow University including four Harvard students. The Russian students, about 20 in number, are scheduled to arrive in New York, where they will proceed to different colleges throughout the country.

Recently, in his visit to the Law School Forum, Russian Ambassador Mikhail Menshikov inspected the proposed living quarters of the students and found them to be quite satisfactory. University officials have expressed enthusiasm over the students' arrival.