I WAS DISTURBED

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I was disturbed this morning to find at my door an announcement that the CRIMSON was responsible for the parody of the Lampoon. It is one thing for an organization such as yours to deprecate the efforts of another--after all, that is the function of criticism, and we have received a great deal from the CRIMSON--but to claim credit for the long and arduous efforts of others is eminently unfair, if not morally reprehensible.

Editors of the Advocate have worked hard this semester preparing their parody of the Lampoon, and much time and money went into producing what we feel is an outstanding work. If the CRIMSON has become so vapid and apathetic that it is unable to turn out a parody, it should be admitted. But the CRIMSON should not claim recognition for work of others. We don't claim Mr. Scott for one of ours; you don't claim Sallie Bingham for one of yours.

In spite of the damage you have done, I do hope that you will print this letter. Perhaps you will realize how serious your "joke" has been. And students who have been misled into thinking they could pick up copies of the parody at the CRIMSON should at least be told they have, at your instigation, been put to a considerable inconvenience. W. Hinkham-Browne,   Archivist.