Kuties Knabbed

THUNDER ROAD, VT.--In a surprise attack yesterday, the Vermont State Police, acting on the instruction of the Harvard Athletic Association, raided the training camp of the Kampus Kuties. The Kuties hopped into their armored car and, after an extensive chase, were arrested by the police.

Captain Frederick Houston '23, of the Vermont State Police commented, "Those girls gave us the chase of our lives. It was really heart-rending to have to arrest all those beautiful girls with their red and white skirts, and their megaphones and pom-poms. Those girls wanted very much to cheer at the Harvard-Yale game."

The Kuties have been jailed at Sharon, Vt., and, in accordance with the instructions of the HAA, will not be released until after the game today. Judge Al B. Gordon '34 has held the girls without bail. All CRIMSON attempts to get the Kuties out of jail have been unsuccessful. One of the Kuties pleaded yesterday, "I have nothing left to live for."

Those of the Harvard Community who heard about last night's Green Mountain raid raised a storm of protest. Jane Fletcher '59 commented, "I didn't really want to be a cheerleader very much myself, but I think that those girls who did have the energy should be allowed to do so."

CRIMSON President Bryce E. Nelson '59 declared, "Judge Gordon has made his decision. Now let him enforce it."