KKK to Pick WACS from 'Cliffe Ranks

Entries for the first annual Kampus Kuties Kontest began to trickle in yesterday as numerous Radcliffe students expressed interest in being among the first members of the WACS (Women's Auxiliary Cheering Squad).

The contest, sponsored by the CRIMSON as a solution to the controversy between the Undergraduate Athletic Council and the ousted cheerleading squad, elicited wide-spread enthusiasm yesterday from team-boosters across the nation.

Miss Betty Lou Pinkus, head majorette of the Indiana State Normal College, commented last night, "It's just a wonderful idea for Radcliffe coeds to lead Harvard cheers. I don't wonder that cheerleading is in such a bad way at Harvard if all they have is a bunch of boys."

Other cheerleaders at several Midwestern colleges shared Miss Pinkus's sentiment, but a source not far from the University administration stated last night that such opinions were not relevant in considering the KKK.

"What we really must determine," the source said, "is whether by simply replacing the present cheerleaders by a group of varsity athletes, the situation is in anyway essentially altered. I think not. Clearly the solution lies in fielding a bevy of attractive young Radcliffe ladies who will command the interest and respect of the entire cheering section."

Every student regularly enrolled in Radcliffe College is eligible for nomination as a member of the WACS.