Tuckerman Ties for Scoring Crown With Rockett in Ivy League Soccer

Center forward Roger Tuckerman tied for the Ivy Soccer League scoring crown, official statistics revealed yesterday. Tuckerman and Pennsylvania's Howard Rockett each tallied six goals against Ivy opponents to edge out Bert Stratta of Cornell, last year's scoring champion, by one goal.

Tuckerman led the Crimson in overall scoring with 14 goals during the season, as the varsity swept to a 10-2-1 record, losing only to Amherst and Princeton. In the third period of the Yale game, he made the goal which defeated the Bulldogs, 1 to 0, and paved the way for the Crimson's Ivy League championship.

Rockett, who tied Tuckerman in scoring, was an All-Ivy selection last year, and third-place Stratta was an All- American. Since Tuckerman went unrecognized last year, his feat of leading the league while playing on a generally low-scoring squad is surprising.

Because Tuckerman scored exactly half of the Varsity's Ivy League goals, his teammates did not fare too well in the rankings. Wing Larry Ekpebu tied 11 others with two scores for 11th place, and the Aga Khan's single tally earned him a tie for 23rd. The efforts of goalie Tom Bagnoli paced the varsity to the League's second-best defensive record.