17 Harvard Clubs Will Sponsor Vacation Luncheons for Students

Lamar to Deliver Talk

Harvard Clubs in 17 cities have planned Christmas parties for students and prospective candidates for admission in September, 1959 from their area.

Henry N. Lamar, Freshman football coach, will address the Harvard Club of Rochester, and football movies will be shown at the group's annual Christmas luncheon Saturday, Dec. 27, at the Hotel Sheraton in Rochester.

Also holding luncheons are the Harvard Clubs of Akron, Baltimore, Buffalo, and Syracuse, all on Monday, Dec. 29. The Atlanta, Chicago, and Tulsa Clubs will play host to the students on Dec. 30.

Dinners, receptions, smokers, or other programs are planned by the following clubs for Dec. 29: Columbus, Miami, and Washington, D.C. On Dec. 30, the Harvard Club of Eastern New York will hold an affair at the Wolferts Roost Country Club in Albany, where Coach Lamar will again be the guest speaker. The Birmingham, Cincinnati, and Cleveland organizations will also sponsor functions on that date.

The purpose of these affairs is primarily to inform, to explain, and to better acquaint interested high school seniors about the University through speeches and informal talks by various students, alumni, and faculty members.

Further details concerning all functions are available at the Alumni Office.