Cagers to Meet Huskies, Jumbos

By Walter L. Goldfrank

Already suffering from a loss of height, the varsity quintet will face Northeastern tonight and Tufts tomorrow night without the services of 6 ft., 8 in. Griff McClellan, who is now in Stillman nursing an infected foot.

Nonetheless, the Crimson should win these two games, as both opponents have not managed to score a victory. John Foker, who will replace McClellan, has come along rapidly in the past two outings, and will probably be able to pull down a good number of rebounds.

Along with Foker, coach Floyd Wilson will start his usual contingent, including Bob Repetto, Bob Bowditch, George Harrington, and Mike Donohue. Wilson fears a pre-Christmas letdown, but is pleased with his team's improvement.

Northeastern has been routed by Springfield and Boston College, but came within three points of upsetting the University of Massachusetts with a second half rally. According to coach Richard Dukeshire, the Huskies have also improved, and should be tougher every time out.

Junior guard Mike Dvorchek leads the squad's attack, and has averaged 16 points in the first three games. In the forecourt, Northeastern will have captain John Ericson, the only senior on the team, and Bill Viestra and Paul Calloe, both of whom stand 6 ft., 5 in. Sophomore Dick Brown is the fifth starter.

Tufts, the varsity's opponent tomorrow night, has lost five straight, and the end is apparently not in sight. Badly hurt by graduation, the Jumbos are building a team largely of sophomores.