TRAINING MEALS

The Mail

Dear Mr. Let Them Eat Hash:

Your editoral (sic) of December 2, 1958 has aroused so much excitement that you have been named the A......of the year. After reading this article, I can understand why you were ashamed to sign your name to it. I also wonder if you really think friends are made eating lunch or dinner with your roommates.

As to your superstitions on good food--here is a little more information. Certain foods, such as meats, vegetables, and fruit (milk is not always on the lunch meal), are much easier to digest, and, therefore, better for the athlete before exerting himself. The price for all this is less than $5 a person (4,000 students x $5 equals $20,000), and you must also remember that each boy can eat only one meal, either at the varsity club or in his house.

As for ruining the college life of our athletes; why don't you make a little survey to see how many of them are lacking friends or are isolated by their extra-curricular activities? An interesting comparison would be to make a similar survey of those on the CRIMSON staff.

A little added advice--go out and find the real facts on the subject of your articles, and then write them so that people will respect you and your paper. Your ignorance is beyond recall--also, remember, if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter. A Friend of Harvard Athletics

(It is the policy of the CRIMSON to run its editorials without signatures, as the editorials reflect the feelings of a majority of the board of Editors. Normally, no anonymous letters are printed--Ed.)