Brine Says H.S.A. Will Not Disturb Square Business

The activities of the Harvard Student Agencies will not interfere with businesses in the Square, according to James W. Brine, president of the Harvard Square Businessmen's Association.

After conferring with Dustin M. Burke '52, general manager of the HSA, Brine said he was convinced that the purpose of the proposed photography agency was to work with the H.A.A. in supplying them with athletic photos. "Any business is going to hurt someone," he said, but added that the agency is trying awfully hard not to interfere with business in the Square."

Brine stated that the photography proposal evoked the first complaint he had received ever from any member of the Association about the HSA's activities. "There has never been any trouble with the agency before," he said.

Paul Koby, local photographer who submitted the complaint to Brine, said last night that he would rely on Brine's judgement as to whether any action should be taken or not. "If the President does not feel there is any worry," he said, "well, I leave it up to him to decide what to do about it."

Koby said he "would sit by and see what happens" in the matter.