N.S.A. Plans Exchange Of U.S., Polish Students

Program for 1958-9 Year

By Martha E. Miller

The national student organizations of the United States and Poland have arranged a long-term academic exchange program for 1958-59, Bruce D. Larkin, International Affairs Vice President of the National Students Association, revealed yesterday.

Two U.S. students, chosen by the NSA, will study in Poland next year as guests of the Polish student organization, Zereszenie Studentow Polskich (ZSP). The ZSP will select two Polish students to study at universities here.

"This is the first long-term exchange of students negotiated between the student associations in the United States and Poland," Larkin said. He planned the program with ZSP President Stefan Olsowski earlier this month at a meeting of the Union Nationale des Etudiants de France in Marseilles.

Knowledge of Polish

Applicants to study in Poland must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of Polish to perform regular academic work in the language by September 1958. Although preference will be given to graduate students 20-26 years old, undergraduates are welcome to apply. Expenses will be shared by ZSP and USNSA.

USNSA member schools can request to be hosts to Polish students. The American colleges will be expected to pay all or most of the foreign students expenses. Application should come from the student governments with the signature of a university administrator.

The deadline for both individual and school applications is May 15, 1958. Forms can be obtained from Polish Academic Exchange, USNSA International Commission, 142 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge.