Varsity to Meet Tiger Trackmen

By William C. Sigal

From comparative results of this Spring's meets, the varsity track team should take every event in its meet at Princeton this afternoon. Certainly, Joel Landau will be favored in any event in which he runs, as will Captain Pete Reider.

With the meet hardly crucial, Coach Bill McCurdy will enter Landau in only three events, the two hurdles and the 220. He has excused his ace from the 100 to give him a chance for an all-out try at the 120-yard hurdles mark, a record which has so far eluded him.

Reider will have little competition in the distances now that Princeton's Rod Zwirner is no longer in school. Although Dyke Benjamin and Eddie Martin are still out, the Crimson's Bill Thompson and Jim Schlaeppi will pick up place points in these events.

Also favored for the varsity are French Anderson, recovered from his leg injury, who will run either the half or the 440. Art Cahn will run the 880, while Al Gordon appears ready to challenge the Crimson 440 mark.

Of the runners who competed in the Penn relays at Philadelphia yesterday, only captain Pete Reider, with a fourth in the college two-mile, and the mile relay team, third in the Heptagonal mile relay, could place.