N. Hampshire Beats Varsity Lacrosse Ten

The varsity lacrosse team ran out of gas a little bit too early yesterday, as a strong New Hampshire squad ran off seven goals on a swampy Business School field to win, 10 to 6. The game was originally scheduled to be played today, but the switch will pit the Crimson against Brown this afternoon at 3 p.m.

The Crimson players missing the game due to injuries and generals rivalled the starters in ability, but the team played close to its best ball of the season for three periods. It fought to a standstill a team that by comparative scores was rated almost a six-goal favorite.

The attack played together beautifully and the midfields, with four men missing from the first three lines, worked well in front of the cage. At one point, the visitors' defensemen were so well covered while trying to clear the ball that Dub Mallonee was able to steal the ball from the goalie, race in, and hit an empty cage for one of his three goals.

The Crimson held a 5-3 advantage at halftime, in spite of the fact that its top scorer, Jerry Pyle, was taking the injured Tag Edwards' place on the third midfield. Mallonee scored only 29 seconds after the opening whistle on a pass from Andy Leaf, filling in for Jerry Pyle, then tallied an unassisted goal three minutes later.

New Hampshire meanwhile had registered three goals, all by high-scoring attackman MacKensie, who contributed to seven of the Green's ten goals.

The Freshman lacrosse team turned in a creditable performance yesterday in bowing to highly-touted Exeter, 10 to 7, as leaping Leo Ullman played a fine game as goalie.