Eisenhower Club Rejects Claussen In Second Trial

The Harvard Eisenhower Club rejected the application for membership of Frederic P. Claussen '59 at a meeting of the general membership last night. The rejections followed the announcement by the HEC of a membership drive.

Claussen had previously been rejected by the Membership Committee of the HEC. Although no explanation was offered for last night's action, the Membership Committee has stated in a letter to Claussen that he is inadmissable because of his "expressed hostility" to the "purposes and continued existence of the club."

Commenting on his rejection, Claussen, who is vice-president of the Harvard Young Republican Club, said, "they must live in a continual state of fright to be afraid of one applicant in a club of thirty members."

Claussen's mother is a member of the Executive Committee of the Republican Party of Massachusetts, which recently failed to grant the HEC a charter as a Republican organization. Claussen doubted if this had anything to do with the HEC decision, but stated, "As for the charter, they certainly do not deserve one, and no responsible Republican in this state would be in favor of giving them one."