Students Will Receive Awards for Tutoring

The Bureau of Study Counsel will make 25 Tutors Awards available for undergraduates in foreign languages and sciences next fall. The awards are designed to insure an adequate and dependable staff to carry on the Bureau's tutoring program, and also aim to interest more bright students in teaching by giving them experience in the field.

The awards, made in conjunction with the Scholarship Committee, will provide a $250 stipend for each appointee, as well as a position as a regular member of the Bureau's staff of Supervisors.

Although the primary qualification for appointment will be proficiency in the subject to be taught, the Bureau will also consider the maturity of the applicant, as well as his potential as a teacher. Preference will be given to seniors and scholarship students.

The Bureau has always employed some undergraduates to do tutoring, but the new program will be a great extension of this practice.

Applications for supervisors in chemistry, French, German, mathematics, and physics will be accepted this spring at the Student Employment Office in Weld Hall.