Class of 1933 Will Present $425,000 Gift

The Class of 1933, the depression class, will present the University with a record-breaking quarter century class gift of $425,000 this afternoon at the Harvard Alumni Association meeting.

This sum exceeds the record sum contributed last year by the Class of 1932 by almost $75,000. Late contributions may push the present total even higher. The official figure will be anounced when Dr. Irad B. Hardy, Jr. '33 marshal of the alumni, presents the Class gift to President Pusey.

War Memorial Scholarship

Harvard also received another sizable contribution when the Class of 1938, celebrating its twentieth reunion, yesterday gave the College $21,882 to establish the "Class of 1938 War Memorial Scholarship."

This sum was presented following a symposium featuring talks by Dean Bundy on "The State of Harvard College" and Dean Bender on "Admissions to the College of Your Choice." Richard T. Davis, H. Shippen Goodhue, R. Colin MacLauren, and Thomas Motley II made the presentation for the Class of 1938.

May Extend Deadline

Normally the twenty-fifth reunion class' gift includes all money contributed up to the time of commencement. It was reported, however, that the Class of 1933 hopes to reach the half-million mark and that the dealine for all contributions has been extended until December 1958.

At this afternoon's meeting of the Alumni Association, President Pusey also will announce the total sum collected to date for the Program for Harvard College. Last May, the figure stood at $39 million dollars. It is very probable that President Pusey will reveal that a very sizable contribution to the Program drive has been received.