Faculty Members, Poets Schedule Series of Public Talks, Readings

A series of public lectures and poetry readings will be presented throughout the Summer School session, beginning July 9 with a lecture by a member of the International Seminar. The International Seminar Open Forum, starting at 8 p.m. in Littauer Auditorium, will continue to meet every additional Wednesday through August 13.

The following day, C. Northcote Parkinson will deliver the first lecture in the Thursday afternoon series on "Parkinson's Law."

In following weeks Paul Henle, professor of Philosophy at the University of Michigan, will talk on the "Metaphor." George Eden Kirk, associate professor of Political Science at the American University of Beirut, will speak on "The United Arab Republic and the Meaning of Arab Unity." Herold C. Hunt, Charles William Eliot Professor of Education, will discuss "A Look at Education in the USSR." And Albert H. Halsey, lecturer in Sociology at the University of Birmingham, England, will lecture on "English Higher Education."

All lectures in the Thursday afternoon series will be held in the Lamont Forum Room at 3 p.m.

On Thursday, July 24, Alexander Soper, professor of History of Art at Bryn Mawr College, will speak on "The Study of Mankind in Chinese Painting." Starting at 8:30 p.m., the lecture will be held in the Fogg Museum large lecture room.

Two poetry readings will be presented in Sanders Theatre at 8:30 p.m. on July 22 and 31. Reading in the first series will be delivered by William Alfred, assistant professor of English and of General Education, and Robert Lowell, lecturer on English at Boston University.

John Crowe Ransom will deliver the concluding series.