Varsity to Print Sports Newsletter

The Varsity Club has launched a news-letter to provide coverage of College teams, and of developments on the local athletic scene.

The first issue was mailed yesterday to club members with a plea for "your comment and your financial support." The publication will be issued weekly during the football season, and occasionally during the remainder of the year.

In the initial issue, the publication noted that postal rates have made the cost of mailing the H.A.A. News to Varsity Club members prohibitive. Since the News is a football program, it has further been criticized as providing inadequate coverage of all intercollegiate sports, according to the newsletter.

Coverage of the entire sports program will now be provided, with particular emphasis on complete coverage of varsity football games for those whose local papers carry only fragmentary reports.

Thomas D. Bolles, director of athletics, has praised the Varsity Club for providing "a closer tie between the interested alumni and the Harvard athletic program."