Noted Author S.N. Behrman To Visit Here

Will Stay as Guest Of Kirkland House

S. N. Behrman '16, noted author and playwright, will visit Kirkland House sometime in the Spring term, Robert M. O'Clair '32, Allston Burr Senior Tutor, affirmed last night.

The exact date and length of Behrman's stay in the House have not yet been announced. Last year's visitors to Kirkland, novelist John P. Marquand '15 and composer Leon Kirchner, lived in the House guest suite in N-entry while in Cambridge and ate with the students in the House dining hall.

In addition, they met with small groups of House members at dinners and gave talks in the Junior Common Room. Although the program for Behrman's visit has not been definitely worked out, it is assumed that it will follow last year's pattern.

Author of more than a dozen Broadway plays since 1926, Behrman is currently represented on the New York stage by The Cold Wind and the Warm, starring Eli Wallach and Maureen Stapleton. The work is a dramatization of several of the author's contributions to The New Yorker magazine. They were later published in book form as The Worcester Account.

Behrman's 1940 play, Jacobowsky and the Colonel, written in conjunction with the Austrian Franz Werfel, was recently made into the successful motion picture, Me and the Colonel, starring Danny Kaye and Curt Jurgens.

While a Harvard undergraduate, Behrman was a student in George Pierce Baker's renowned playwrighting program, the 47 Workshop.