Radcliffe Revises Group to Suggest Senior Marshals

Radcliffe's Senior Class Committee yesterday added two new members to the nominating committee for Senior Class Marshals. The group met to discuss the possibility of making major revisions in nominating procedures, which were finally kept basically the same as last year's.

The undergraduate secretary of Phi Beta Kappa and Radcliffe's highest-ranking Phillips Brooks House officer will aid the presidents of the Senior Class, Student Government Association, Board of Hall, the Commuters' Association, and the Choral Society in selecting 30 to 35 nominees, whose names will be read to the Senior Class at a meeting in the last week in February or the first week in March.

The Committee discussed the possibility of having petitions presented to the nominating committee by seniors, but decided to retain the method of opening nominations after the official committee has announced its selections.

This process "combines selectivity and democratic methods," according to a member of the Class Committee.

The First Marshal will be general chairman in charge of all graduation events. Working under her will be the Second Marshal, as chairman of Commencement Day; the Third Marshal, as chairman of Baccalaureate; and the Fourth and Fifth Marshals, as co-chair-men of Class Night, which usually includes a skit, a formal dance, and the presentation of the Class gift.