Khrushchev Warns Communists To Resolve Questions Peacefully; Eisenhower Renews Steel Talks

By The ASSOCIATED Press

TOKYO, Sept. 30--Nikita Khrushchev told China's leaders in Peiping last night, "We on our part must do everything possible to preclude war as a means for settling outstanding questions. Differences must be solved through negotiation."

The cold, plotting Soviet premier, fresh from his visit to the United States, used the all-embracing "we" to cover the whole communist bloc in a speech at the reception. Khrushchev told the gathering that although communist nations have created a mighty potential they should not test he stability of the capitalist system by force.

"This would be wrong," he said. "The peoples would never understand and would never support those who took it into their heads to act in this way. We have always been against predatory wars. Marxists have always recognized only liberating, just wars."

"Even so noble and progressive a system as socialism-communism--cannot be imposed by force of arms against the will of the people."

Bargaining Starts Tomorrow

WASHINGTON, Sept. 30--President Eisenhower gave steel union and company leaders a talking-to today, and then they agreed to get back to bargaining tomorrow toward settlement of the 78-day-old strike.

If there is no progress, it seemed likely Eisenhower would move to stop the strike for 80 days anyway, by invoking emergency provisions of the Taft-Hartley law.

The President, who has called the steel situation intolerable, met separately with union and industry leaders at the White House. He was reported to have avoided discussing the specific issues, but to have used firm language in urging both sides to resume bargaining.

Airliner Explodes

WACO, Tex., Sept. 30--Federal investigators combed through fragments of a sleek new airliner today seeking the cause of a mystery explosion 15,000 feet in the air which killed 34 persons last night.

The Braniff Airways plane virtually disintegrated, turning the sky fiery red and raining bodies and debris on isolated brush country 68 miles southeast of here.

One Federal Aviation Agency representative told newsmen they could rule out a bomb as the cause. He said the disintegration could have occurred by explosive loss of pressure in the cabin.

Trade Talks Begin

WASHINGTON, Sept. 30--Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev was told at Camp David that if the U.S.S.R. is reasonable about paying off its multimillion-dollar lend-lease debt it may pave the way for easing U.S. trade restrictions against the Soviet Union.

Undersecretary of State Douglas Dillon gave this today as the gist of last weekend's talks between President Eisenhower and Khrushchev on trade, a priority item for the Soviet Premier.