Russian Students Begin Cambridge Visit Today

Twelve Russian university students--eight men and four women--will arrive in Cambridge this afternoon for a week's visit.

The Russians constitute half of a 24-man delegation touring the United States for a month under an exchange agreement between the Soviet Youth Organization and the Council on Student Travel. They arrived in New York yesterday and will visit Philadelphia and Washington before returning to New York late next month.

According to Stephen S. Anderson 5G, who is directing the Cambridge section of the tour for the Experiment in International Living, all the Russians will stay in Harvard and Radcliffe dormitories. Four men will live in House guest quarters--two in Adams and two in Kirkland--while the Divinity School and the Business School will house two each. The women will stay in Bertram and Comstock Halls.

Informal Tour Planned

Anderson intends to keep the tone of the visit as informal as possible. At a conference tomorrow morning with University officials, the Russians will be able to ask any questions they may have about University operations.

On Sunday evening they will meet informally with student leaders.

Other events planned for the week include tours of Harvard and Boston, auditing of Harvard courses, visits to M.I.T. and to Newton High School, and attendance at the Amherst-Tufts football game. Most of the evenings will be left relatively free, with local students and Faculty entertaining the visitors in their homes and rooms.