Soccer Team Faces B.U. In Quest of Second Win

Fullback Keyes Injured

The varsity soccer team will be going for its second win in three games this afternoon at 3 p.m. when it faces Boston University in a home contest. B.U. is not known as a soccer power, and the Crimson should triumph in impressive style.

Coach Bruce Munro said yesterday that the encounter should give the varsity a chance to perfect its offense. The Crimson's attack so far this season has been unpolished but effective, and the loss of Roger Tuckerman, last season's star center forward, already seems less of a calamity than was originally feared.

Sparked by the line play of Larry Ekpebu and John Hedreen, the Crimson offense was only slightly less than sensational last Saturday at Amherst. The team scored once, and rightfully should have tallied at least two more goals, against one of the strongest defenses in the East. The line got clear for an unusual number of shots, and only Amherst's good fortune prevented its defeat. "All we need now is a change of luck," Munro said.

Keyes Injured

Physical difficulties may hamper the Crimson. Fullback Lanny Keyes, whose booming kicks and heads were a key factor in the varsity's fine defensive showing Saturday, is out with tendon or ligament trouble in his leg, and Hedreen, an inside, has been ailing all week with a virus.

Little is known about the Terriers, except that they have an excellent sophomore group and that they are big, strong players whose offense consists of "kicking the ball and running after it," as Munro says. Last year, B.U. held the varsity's second unit to a 1-1 tie for three periods. The first team went in for the last 22 minutes and scored six goals.

Munro will start Tadgh Sweeney and John McIntosh at wings, John Mudd and either Hedreen or Keith Lowe at the insides, and Ekpebu at center, with Marsh McCall, Bill Rapp, Charlie Steele, Charlie David, and Tim Morgan in the backfield and Tom Bagnoli in the nets.