CRIME Competition Rolls Onward; Free Beer, Good Cheer Undepleted

"Tired of the everyday grind? Want to live a life of romance and adventure? We offer you Escape!" With these words, candidates were welcomed into the CRIMSON Newsroom for the opening meeting of the Crime's first competition of the year. Escape was the keynote, Crimeds told of escape from angry deans, the dull academic routine, and even from Harvard itself. Beer cans hissed and the AP ticker tapped out "pockatapockatapockata" while candidates chortled in festive glee.

Though exhausted from their first gala welcome of candidates, CRIMSON Editors will again be on hand to greet the new comers tonight. Old myths will be exploded, new ones created in this second and last day of the Bacchanalia.

The CRIMSON offers undeniable rewards. Editorial and news writers can survey their efforts in the cold grey light of dawn. Sports writers learn to dodge hungry athletes during off hours, while the photo board discovers the financial rewards of a well-timed and perhaps embarrassing snapshot.

Competition for the Business Board also has its financial rewards. But more valuable is the experience in the uncompromising business world of kickbacks, protection, and book making.

Whatever your game, it's Open House at 14 Plympton Street tonight. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.