Sextet Triumphs

The varsity hockey team had to rally twice to beat a fast-starting sextet of former varsity stars by a score of 4 to 2 last night at Watson Rink.

Catching the Crimson off guard during the first half of the game with surprisingly accurate passing and strong defensive play, the alumni jumped to the lead when Doug Manchester '56, an All-American in his senior year, tallied at 3:14 of the first period. Less than two minutes later, Dick Fischer took a pass off Greg Downes' stick and scored.

After 39 seconds of the second period, John White, former freshman hockey coach, scored unassisted for the alumni. The Crimson defense then tightened, and goalie Harry Pratt was, as usual, quick in the nets, allowing no further scoring.

The Crimson struck for two goals within a minute and a half near the end of the second period. In that period the saves of grad goalie Frank Cony were spectacular--and necessary--but two successive screen shots after the 14-minute mark by Dick Reilly and Bob Anderson put the varsity ahead to stay.