Catalogue for Spring

The Classgoer

In preparation for the semi-annual academic shopping rush, the CRIMSON provides a sampling of the highlights of the spring term collections offered on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

9 o'clock: For those who want to study about an English king who lost his head, about Puritans and bawds, Professor Jordan recreates the happy days of the Stuarts in History 140b in Longfellow Alumnae Room. Along slightly different lines, Professor Barker from the University of Virginia discourses on the philosophy of science (Philosophy 149) in Emerson H.

10 o'clock: In Harvard 1, Associate Professor Pipes evokes the golden days of imperial Russin, when a czar was a czar and a serf a serf, History 155b starts with mystic Alexander 1 and continues until the debacle of 1917 marked the end of all good things. The errant anglonmle may emerge from the Stuart era to listen to Professor Brower disuss in Sever 31, eighteenth century poetry, from Dryden to Wordsworth.

11 o'clock: For the enthusiastic medievalist Professors Deknatel and Gaehde will survey art (Fine Arts 140), from the catacombs to Chartres in the Fogg Small Lecture Room. Professor Owen brings England from Peterloo to present lingering over the Victorian ripeness. His history 142b will be held in Longfellow Alumnae Room. Time editor Louis Kronenberger, also Soohie Tucker Professor at Brandeis, will discuss, in English 165, comic drama in Emerson D.

12 o'clock: Sociologist and Henry Ford Professor David Riesman will dissect character and social structure in America in his course Social Sciences 136. Better get to Sanders early; the class is limited to 200 applying members