Crimson Scores Victory in Rugby

Opening its spring season at Wolburn, the rugby club slogged through six inches of mud Saturday to gain an easy victory over M.I.T. The club's first XV won 9 to 0, while the second team defeated their opponents 6 to 0.

Playing conditions were almost impossible, with the field a virtual quagmire. In spots the only solid support was the gravel drain base beneath six inches mud.

Forward Ted Frembgen scored one of the three tries in the first game, while Charlie Rowe accounted for the other two. Exceptional playing by the entire three-quarter line also contributed to the sizable margin of victory by keeping M.I.T. in her own end throughout the game.

In the second contest, Richardo Chirgwin scored a try on a solo dribbling drive past the M.I.T. defenders. The second score was a joint effort by the forward line.

Captain Hal Churchill said he expects the squad to have a successful season, due to the fact that there are two packs of almost equal strength, providing considerable depth.

The high point on the team's schedule will be a week tour to Bermuda over Spring vacation to participate in a seven team tournament.