Seniors Receive Marshall Prizes

Two Harvard seniors are among the 12 American students to receive the 1959-60 Marshall Scholarship awards, Sir Harold Caccia, British Ambassador to the United States, announced recently. The honor consists of a grant covering tuition for two years of study at any university in the United Kingdom, transportation, and a living allowance while there.

Peter P. Brooks '59, of Eliot House and New Canaan, Conn., will read history for a B.A. at University College, University of London; and David D. Robbins '59, of Eliot House and Los Angeles, Calif., will study English literature for a B.A. at Trinity Hall, Cambridge.

Other Awards

Carl D. Elligers '62, of Weld Hall and Brooklyn, N.Y., and Michael S. Ashman '62, of Brookline, have received the Carl Schurz and Elizabeth Wilder prizes respectively for the Freshmen who pass with the highest grades the mid-year examination in elementary German.

The U. S. Steel Foundation has awarded a fellowship for a year of research toward a Doctor of Business Administration degree at the Harvard Business School to John M. Baitsell M.B.A. '53.