Galbraith, Stouffer To Lead Seminars Sponsored by GSE

Sixty-two school superintendents from throughout the nation opened discussions yesterday at the ten-day meeting of the Advanced Administrative Institute of the Graduate School of Education.

Speakers at the evening sessions will include Professors John Kenneth Galbraith and Samuel A. Stouffer of Harvard, Robert C. Wood of M.I.T., and President Emeritus James B. Conant.

Proposals will be considered in the fields of physical science, mathematics, and advanced placement, and the evening presentations will deal with the contemporary American scene.

Paul J. Misner, Superintendent of Schools in Glencoe, Ill., leads the Institute, with the assistance of several members of the Faculty of Education, including Dean Keppel, and Professor Herold C. Hunt and Matthew P. Gaffney.

The theme of the Institute is "The Administrator Looks at the Educational Program--Review and Preview."

These in-service programs for school administrators have been sponsored for several years by the School of Education. This year developments will be described in the public schools of Long Beach and Ossining, N.Y.; Arlington, Va.; Glencoe, Ill.; Lexington and Newton, Mass.; and Springfield, Vt.