Summer Group Plans Production Of 'Man Who Came to Dinner'

Platform Stage Will Be Built In Common Room of Union

The Harvard Summer Theatre Group has announced that it will present The Man Who Came to Dinner in the Harvard Union this summer. The famous farce-comedy by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart is scheduled to open its limited engagement on Thursday evening, August 6.

Earle Edgerton, who played leading roles in the group's productions last summer and who has also acted with the Poets' Theatre and other local companies, will play the starring role.

Other members of the cast are Mikel Lambert, who was seen recently as Cordelia in King Lear; Marguerite Tarrant, who was the leading lady in the Harvard Drmatic Club's production of The Lady's Not for Burning; and Erich Segal, known for his roles in Hasty Pudding Theatricals productions.

The show is directed by Julius Novick and produced by Sharon Weiner and John Kasdan. Summer School students are participating on all levels and in all departments of the production.

The Lower Common Room of the Union will be used as the auditorium, with a platform stage constructed especially for this production.