Rugby Clubs's Spring Trips Still Banned

Committee Reaffirms November Decision

By James R. Ullyot

The Faculty Committee on Athletics has scaled its decision of last month to forbid the Harvard Rugby Club to take In the face of several protests from the club's officers, the committee member reconsidered their earlier decision demonstrated no change of attitude "felt strongly there should be no Dean Watson said yesterday.

Last spring in Bermuda, seven Crimson team members caused about $2,000 damage to the two houses in which they stayed. In view of this conduct, the committee ruled that the club was unfit represent the University and imposed the ban.

No Offenders Return

Because none of the seven players in the Bermuda incident was playing on the team this fall, the club's protested the committee's decision. In addition, after the decision had been made last month, the club received handsome invitation from UOLA guardening more than $2,000 in expense money for a spring trip to Los Angeles. The proposed trip would have been one the team's best ever, and for the first the club's members would not have to bear the financial burden. (The is not subsidized by the University).

Club Rejects Invitation

Club president Charles C. Rowe '62 yesterday that the team has formal turned down UCLA's invitation, and cancelled all plans for workouts in Cambridge during spring recess.

The lack of a spring trip will obviously have a bud effect on the team," noted. He pointed out that "the of a spring trip down South" is the reason why students in the university turn out for the team during indoor March workouts. Not only will team lose potential players, but it also enter the regular season with the benefit of the valuable week of season training, Rowe added.

No Offenders Return

Club Rejects Invitation

No Offenders Return

Club Rejects Invitation

Club Rejects Invitation