Wrestling Team Faces Strong Rutgers Squad

The varsity wrestling squad faces strong opposition tonight at Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights have already downed Princeton and a tough Yale squad, and promise to give the Crimson grapplers their toughest match yet.

Easily the best match of the evening will be the contest between captain Nick Estabrook and Rutgers star Mike Leta at 137 pounds. Leta, undefeated last year, also won the ECAC 130 lbs, Championship and at 137 lbs, placed third in the NCAA meet. Commenting on Estabrook's chances, coach Pickett said. It'll be his toughest match."

Starting for the Crimson will be EdSreitzer at 123 pounds. Geoge Doub is at 130, with Estabrook filling the 137 slot. Wrestling at 147 will be Steve Astor, while Bob Kolodney and John Valentine are at 157 and 167 respectively. Filling out the bill are Paul Schnitz at 177 pounds, Gordon Grant at 191 and Bill Early in the heavy weight position.

Prospects for the Crimson nine do not seem bright, though Astor and Kolodney are capable wrestlers. However, the team has shown a capacity for pulling off upsets, as at Williams in December. It could happen again.