Hockey Team Will Face Dartmouth

By Frederic L. Ballard jr.

The Crimson hockey team will be out to add one more win to its 8-3-1 record tomorrow evening when it takes on depending Ivy champion Dartmouth at 8 p.m. in Watson Rink.

Ticket applications for the game must be led by 5 p.m. this afternoon.

Dartmouth's record to date is none too impressive. With only four games played, the Indians have not gone far towards rebuilding the graduation-riddled team that once won 19 out of 30 connective contests. Last weekend's 5-3 defeat at Yale considerably dampened their hopes for a repeat championship. The must beat Harvard to stay above the 500 mark, let alone keep alive any chance for the Ivy title.

Finding the right goalie has troubled Indian coach Ed Jeremiah all season, so much so that he may well switch leading candidates Jack Stobo and Bill Edgar in and out of the game several different times tomorrow night. Jeremiah believes a lucky goal can unnerve a goalie enough to justify giving him a few minutes rest on the bench.

Indians' Defense Weak

The Indians have also had rebuilding problems immediately in front of the rage. Tom Granna, currently the team's fifth highest scorer, is Dartmouth's only returning letterman playing defense, a position held down last year by the formidable pair of Ry Ostebo and all-American Rusty Ingersoll.

The Indians' top scorer is second-line wing Dave Leighton, a sophomore who made one of his team's goals in New Haves. Jake and Bob Moore Scored the other two, and together with Chuck Ritchie, these three will probably do almost all the Indians' scoring tomorrow night. Heartl, Moore, and Ritchie form Dartmouth's first line.

Whether or not they can outplay which-over of the three virtually equal Crimson lines they come up against tomorrow remains to be seen. The Harvard depth, outstanding against Boston College two days ago, should be just as effective tomorrow night. The Indians will probably have to break better than even when their first-stringers are skating, because they are very liable to be outclassed the other times.

Indians' Defense Weak

Indians' Defense Weak