Students Form Political Council; Will Publish Bi-Weekly Magazine

A group of University undergraduates have formed a new political club designed "to stimulate student interest in government and to provide better news coverage and publicity for political activities at the college."

The club, chartered by the Student Council as the "Harvard Political Participation Council," plans to publish a bi-weekly magazine entitled Comment, which will include news of all the undergraduate political organizations and will "provide an incentive for more student political activity." The first issue is scheduled to appear about the middle of February.

Richard B. Bojar '62, editor of the proposed magazine, said he hopes to publish an issue of about ten pages, including signed articles contributed by Faculty members and other experts in government discussing both national political problems and career opportunities in government service.

The magazine will be sold to the members of all the undergraduate political organizations, and each club whose news is carried in the magazine will be asked to underwrite part of the cost of publication.

Plan Tours of Government

In addition to the magazine, the organization plans to sponsor tours of government agencies conducted if possible by members of the agencies themselves, and to initiate a series of programs discussing the opportunities for government careers.

Faculty advisers for the new political group are Don K. Price, professor of Government, V. O. Key, Jonathan Trumbull Professor of American History and Government, and Paul A. Freund, Loeb University Professor.