Crimson Five Meets Wesleyan, Seeks Second Victory of Season

Fresh from a 71-66 win over B.U. last weekend, the varsity basketball team will travel to Wesleyan tonight in search of their second victory of the season. No one knows quite what to expect from Wesleyan, though the squad is wary of playing on their tiny court.

Last weekend the Wesleyan squad got past M.I.T. by an eight point margin. Tonight's match should give the Crimson a real indication of what to expect when they take on the Engineers Saturday.

To date the varsity's record is a not-too-impressive 1-2, including a heartbroaking 72-70 loss to Williams in the season opener. If the game were shorter the Crimson's record would be much improved, for coach Floyd Wilson's boys have a habit of falling apart in the closing minutes of the last quarter.

The team's tendency to blow a good lead right at the end of a game has been attributed to Wilson's defensive pattern, an exacting man to-man switch. The tactics work well enough when the players are fresh, but as they begin to tire the switching slows down, often leaving the opposition time to get in a short jump shot.

The starting quintet for tonight's match will probably include captain Gary Borchard. Denny Lynch, veteran Bill Danner, Joe Deering, and Gene Augustine. Junior Pete Kelley is also slated to see a lot of action.

Len Strauss and sophomore Bob Inman will also have plenty of opportunity to get into the game, since they, along with Kelley, are all accomplished rebounders.

Bruce Munro's freshmen will tackle the Wesleyan yearlings at 6:30 p.m. in Middleton.