Crimson Matmen To Face Cornell In I.A.B. Tonight

Wrestling moves into the spotlight tonight when the steadily improving Crimson grapplers tackle powerful Cornell in a match that will bring some of the East's top wrestlers to Cambridge.

The Big Rod will be after its 27th straight Ivy win in the 8 p.m. match at the I.A.B. Crimson coach Bob Pickett indicated yesterday "they'll be tough."

Top hopes for the Crimson will center on captain Nick Estabrook, who has pinned five opponents this year and run up a nine match win streak of 137. George Doub at 130 lbs. and Red Grant in the 191 lb. division, other varsity mainstays, are also slightly favored.

Cornell is 2-0 in Ivy play this year, with lop-aided wins over Yale and Penn. Last Saturday coach Jim Miller's crew overcame a 12-3 deficit to stun Syracuse 15-12. They are odds-on favorites to repeat as Ivy king-pins.

Cornell Standouts

Eastern 157 champ Al Marion leads the Ithaca forces with a record of 8-1-1, while Phil Oberlander, winner of the heavyweight match against Syracuse, is dangerous with a 6-2 season so far.

Despite and undistinguished 2-6 record for the season, the Crimson should keep the visitors on edge. Growing tougher at each outing, the varsity nearly upset Penn last week in a contest undecided until the final match.

The Crimson line-up for this evening's battle will feature two new faces. Tony Woodfield, who won a 5-2 decision against Penn, is scheduled to start at 123.

Steve Astor at 147, Bob Kolodney at 157, Paul Schnitz at 177, and Duke Hurley in the heavyweight class round out the Crimson starters.