Crimson Hockey Varsity Will Meet Brown Squad in Contest at Watson

To Play Tomorrow

When Harvard plays, and in all likelihood defeats, Brown's hockey team tomorrow night, Bruin coach Jim Fullerton will have exactly five substitutes on his bench. Brown will be using two lines and two defensemen--almost all sophomores--against a team that rarely scores less than six or seven goals when playing Ivy opponents.

The game will start at 8 p.m. in Watson.

In the first Brown-Harvard contest, the Bruins came out on the short end of an 8-1 score. Their situation, however, has deteriorated considerably even since then, because of the loss of three key players. Although dropping games right and left, Fullerton threw his highest scoring line off the team last week for breaking training.

Manpower Problems

Brown has had manpower problems all year. Before Christmas the Bruins could muster only 13 qualified players. One of them promptly developed a bad case of asthma forcing him to quit the team. The disciplinary action plummetted the roster to nine men. In the past week Fullerton has been able to find only one replacement, junior Dick Grant, and Grant, who has just recovered from a serious automobile accident, has not played serious hockey for over a year.

Brown's only bright spot is goalie Rod McCarry, who will probably turn away a respectable number of the many shots fired at him tomorrow.

Other men to watch for the Bruins will be junior Gene Pfeifer and senior Dick D'Entremont.

Against Brown, Crimson coach Cooney Weiland plans to use several players who have not seen regular action this winter. Godfrey Wood will start in the goal, instead of Bobby Bland, and Weiland said last night he hopes to be able to "work in" Bill Daly, a sophomore who began the season playing house hockey, switching to J.V. just before Christmas.

The Crimson will use four forward lines--Dave Crosby, Stu Forbes, and Crocker Snow; Dean Alpine, Tom Heintzman, and Ted Ingalls; Jim Dwinell, Bill Beckett, and Dave Morse; and Gerry Jorgenson, Tim Taylor, and Chris Norris. Dave Johnston, Bob Anderson and Dave Grannis will handle a three-man rotation at defense.

The Brown contest will begin a three-game home stand for the Crimson. The varsity will play Yale Saturday in the Boston Arena and Princeton next Tuesday at Watson.