HAA to Sell TV Swim Tickets

Tickets for the closed-circuit television showing of Saturday's Harvard-Yale swimming meet will go on sale at 1 p.m. today at 60 Boylston St.

The Department of Athletics completed negotiations yesterday morning with Lake Service Corporation of Boston for the first local closed-circuit telecast of a University athletic event in history.

For the show at Sanders Theatre, doors will open at 3 p.m. Saturday. Tickets will be sold for the next 48 hours at the HAA and at the door. Sanders normally seats 1200, but television representatives have said that only 1000 seats will have favorable vantage points.

TV technicians advised the HAA against projecting the show on one large screen at Sanders, and 15 21-inch TV sets will, therefore, be placed around the auditorium.

Commentary for the meet will be by Edward M. Scolnick '61, of WHRB. A single camera will handle the visual transmission from the IAB pool.

Tickets will be sold to the general public as well as to undergraduates, although the Department of Athletics expects that mostly students will be interested.

The TV showing was necessitated by the large number of students who could not get seats at the IAB.