Dudley Refuses to Join New Commuters' Group

Commuters at a dozen New England colleges want to unite in an intercollegiate organization, but the students of Dudley want nothing to do with the plan. Leighton, Master of the House, and two House Committee members a meeting of commuters last weekend but returned unconvinced that Dudley, three-fourths of whose members are commuters, had anything to gain such an alliance.

The conference in Providence, the first of its kind in New England, was called lantations House, commuter center at Brown University, to discuss what proved common problems of commuting students.

According to Leighton, the other 12 schools represented at the conference are at stages of a commuter situation that shares very few similarities with . Gregory G. Tallas '63, vice-President of the Dudley House Committee a delegate at the meeting, agreed, saying that Harvard students, unlike the , were organized and "a part of the system."

said that the House Committee and last week to avoid any organization college commuters for those reasons. Dudley representatives visited to observe and agreed afterwards the Committee decision was right.

Providence newspaper reported that group said Brown and M.I.T. provide opportunities for non-residents become a part of college life. Tallas that he knew of no such decision time throughout the weekend.

After hearing the other college describe theier problems, I am that no other college measures Harvard in commuter facilities." Tallas.

delegates at Brown agreed that are happiest when they form dependent group that takes part in activities on the same basis as groups. They said that a great for non-residents is a commuters' .