'Fair Play' Committee To Protest U.S. Policy On Revolution in Cuba

At least 60 members of the Boston chapter of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee will demonstrate Saturday in Boston in protest to American involvement in the Cuban counter-revolution, Robert B. Zevin IG, a member of the group, reported yesterday. "We are absolutely opposed to any American intervention in Cuban affairs," Zevin declared.

Demonstrators will assemble at the Bandstand on the Boston Common to pick up pickets and leaflets, Zevin said. They will proceed to the corner of Tremont and Boylston Streets to picket and pass out leaflets for the rest of the afternoon.

"The Kennedy-Khrushchev intervention may not be open," Linda Greenberg '62, another member of the Committee declared, in justification of the demonstration, "but it's obvious that they're shoveling arms at the Cubans to throw at each other."

Arnold S. Trachtman, chairman of the Boston "Fair Play" chapter, denied that the group officially sympathizes with Castro, but admitted that some members were "partisans" 'in the Cuban cause. He further denied--"very firmly"--that the Fair Play Committee was in any way a subversive organization.