Niebuhr Will Present New Class in Gov.

Jones, Poirier Also To Run New Classes

the new courses to be given next Government 110, "Communism Democracy," which will be taught the Spring by Reinhold Niebuhr emeritus at Union Seminary, is perhaps the most .

Niebuhr, self-described in a recent at Memorial Church as "a with an interest in politics," will to present in the half course "analysis of historical and social roots, of the present relevance of the two in a divided world." He will be in the course work by Paul research fellow in Government. Niebuhr is the author of such books as Man and Immoral Society, The of American History, and Children and Children of Darkness.

the English department, Howard Jones, Abbott Lawrence Lowell of the Humanities, will teach off-course in the Spring on "Neglected The course will permit students to discuss "books of literary intellectual merit commonly omitted in standard courses.

An M. Bullitt '43, associate professor of English will conduct a course on in the Eighteenth Century . The course, to be given in the will "focus mainly on English A survey of "American Fiction 1890" will be undertaken by Poirier, assistant professor of English Among the authors to be Howells, James, Dreiser, Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Faulkner, .