Bulldogs Beat Golfers In Close 4-3 Match; Yardlings Win, 6-1

The Yale golf team barely squeesed by the varsity, 4-3, for its fourth straight victory over the Crimson yesterday at the Country Club in Brookline, but the Freshman golfers managed to salvage some glory by smashing their Bulldog counterparts, 6-1, at Myopia.

It was a tough loss for the varsity, as every match was close and could have gone either way. Captain Fiske Warren won safely in the number one position, but Bruce Johnstone at three, and George Duffy at four, had to go to the 19th and 21st holes for their respective victories.

John Livingood lost a hearbreaker on the 19th in the number two spot, while Al Lipsky and Dave Rudnick at five and seven had a chance until the very end before losing.

The loss brought the Crimson's season record to 7-3. Strangely enough, after the varsity's last loss to Yale in 1957, the Bulldogs won 35 straight before falling to Princeton Saturday. The Crimson will travel to Yale this weekend for the EIGA Championship.

At Myopia, Dave Ward lead the freshmen 6-1 victory in the number one spot with a close win on the 19th hole.