Nines Will Clash At West Point

By Steven V. Roberts

What do you do for an encore? After all, there isn't much a team can do to look impressive after getting 26 hits and 26 runs in one game.

Coach Norm Shepard will settle very quickly for two normal, everyday, victories--by one run if necessary--when his varsity baseball team follows up Wednesday's 26-2 win over Brandeis with games against Army today at West Point and Brown tomorrow in Providence.

The Crimson is in eighth place in the ten-team Eastern Intercollegiate with a 1-3 record. Its lone victory was against Princeton, with losses to Columbia, Cornell, and Navy. Navy is leading the league with a 6-0 record, and has won 18 straight games this season.

Army is one of the league's top teams, having lost to the New York Yankees only, 18-0, in a pre-season exhibition game. Brown has failed to win a league game, and is in last place with a 0-3 record.

Pitching a Problem

After the Brandels game, Shepard can hardly be too concerned about his hitting. But there is still some doubt about the pitching.

Tom Boone, who has won three straight games, pitched only live innings against Brandels, and should be ready to start the Brown game tomorrow. Today's pitcher is another question.

Shepard could use Al Yarbro, who was recently reinstated to the team, but he hasn't worked in a few weeks. He also has Dave Larkin, who last pitched against B.C. last week, and possibly Dick Garibaldi, who relieved in the Brandels game.